- Product Details
The Maxstar 161 welding power source provides lightweight portability, ease of setup and use, and improved performance for a variety of light industrial applications. Delivers up to 160 amps of welding power for stick and TIG applications.
- Use on 120 and 240 Volt Input Power - Separate 120 and 240 volt power cords disconnect from the rear panel of the machine without the use of any tools to allow your common 120 and 240 volt power receptacles.
- Compact Design Allows for Great Portability - Weighting in at 13 lbs. and featuring a convenient handle/shoulder strap, this little inverter-based Stick machine can be taken from location to location.
- Latest Inverter Technology Provides Amazing Power Per Pound Performance - By utilizing an inverter-based power source in the Maxstar® 161, superior arc starts and excellent weld puddle control are provided in both the TIG and Stick settings - all in a small, light-weight package.
- Superior Stick Arc Performance - Even on the difficult-to-run electrodes like E6010.
- No Need For Gas Valve On Your TIG Torch - With a built-in gas solenoid, the Maxstar® 161 eliminates the need for a bulky TIG torch with a gas valve.
- No More "Sticky" Electrodes - With Miller's Adaptive Hot Start™ technology, you no longer have to worry about those difficult-to-strike electrodes.
- Conserve Your Electrodes - With the Stick-Stuck feature the machine detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode.
Includes: Maxstar 161 STL, 6-1/2' primary cords for 120 V and 240V, 13' stick electrode holder with 25 mm. Dinse-style connector, 10' work clamp with 25 mm. Dinse-style connector, adjustable handle/shoulder strap, and quick reference guide.
- Process: Stick (SMAW), TIG (GTAW), TIG DC (GTAW-DC)
- Input Power: 120-240 V, 1-Phase power
- Amperage Range:
- 120 V:
- 5-130 A (DC TIG)
- 20-90 A (DC stick)
- 240 V:
- 5-160 A (DC TIG)
- 20-160 A (DC stick)
- Max Open Circuit Voltage: 48 VDC
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 10.3 in. x 5.6 in. x 13.5 in.