- Product Details
The new Miller Diversion 180 TIG welding machine features the latest inverter technology. Less energy is used and a more consistent welding arc is provided by utilizing an inverted AC/DC power source. This is a big improvement in arc quality and energy consumption compared to older transformer based TIG machines.
- Easy-to-Understand Operator Interface. It's as easy as "1, 2, 3" to set your machine and start welding. 1. Power-up; 2. Select material type; 3. Set material thickness range. We've also added a digital display so you know exactly what your settings are. Utilizes Latest Inverter Technology, by utilizing an inverter-based AC/DC power source, a more efficient (less energy is used) and consistent welding arc is provided compared to older transformer based TIG machines.
- Light Weight = Portability whether it's in the shop, garage or at the race track, at only 50 lbs it can be taken anywhere. You can't do that with those heavy transformer machines.
- Eliminate Waste of Expensive Shielding Gas our Auto-Postflow feature optimizes postflow time based on welding amperage. This allows for proper shielding of both the weld end zone and electrode every time without waste of gas or need for adjustment.
- Use It On 115 AND 230 Volt Input Power Miller's Multi Voltage Plug (MVP™) allows you to connect to common 115 or 230 V power receptacles without the use of any tools. Simply chose the plug that fits the receptacle and connect it to the power cord.
- Torch Designed for Maximum Operator Comfort the package comes standard with a Diversion Series foot control and the Weldcraft WP-17 TIG torch. This 150 amp, air-cooled torch features a compact and durable design ideal for both the professional and hobbyist welder. The Diamond Grip head design has ergonomic contact points for thumb and fingers, provides a more comfortable grip and reduces operator fatigue.
- Reduce Noise, Maintenance and Operating Costs. Our Fan-On-Demand™ cooling system only operates when needed. This cuts down on fan noise, along with reducing power consumption and contaminants drawn into the machine.
- Dependable Arc Starts provides HF, non-contact arc starting to eliminate tungsten and material contamination time after time.
Included: Diversion 180; RFCS-RJ45 remote foot control; 5.5-ft power cord with MVP adapter plugs for 115 and 230 V; 12.5 ft Weldcraft WP-17 TIG torch with backcap, ceramic gas cup, 3/32 in collet and collet body, and 2% ceriated tungsten; 12 ft work lead with clamp; Smith Argon regulator/flow gauge with hose; and TIG Welding for Dummies book
- Input power: 115/230V, 1-Phase, 50/60 Hz
- Rated output: 150A @ 16VDC, 20% duty cycle (230V input); 125A @ 12.4 VDC, 35% duty cycle (115V input)
- Welding amperage range: 10-180 (230V input); 10-125 (115V input)
- Weight: 50lbs.
- Max Open Circuit Voltage: 80